Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet potato mash



Jason took me on a lovely date night last Friday. He knows that I enjoy trying new restaurants so he treated me to 2Johns. It is a steak place about a mile away from our apartment. With my amazing ribeye I had a sweet potato mash that was heavenly. I decided to google a few different recipes and come up with my own. Here is what I got.

Sweet Potato Mash (2 servings)
1 sweet potato (about 3/4-1 pound)
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of milk (I use organic 1%)
pinch of salt
pinch of ginger
dash of vanilla
orange juice


Peel and cut up the sweet potato into cubes. Boil the cubes in water and orange juice until tender (about 15 minutes). I use 75% water and 25% orange juice. Once the sweet potatoes are tender I drain the liquid and use a fork to mask up the potatoes. Add the butter, milk, salt, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, and mix together. As the finishing touch add the maple syrup. Easy side dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment