Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ah, I made it here safely!

I decided a few months ago to forgo getting an internship for the summer and to spend my days with my fiance in Louisiana. I thought it would be a perfect time to plan a wedding, start my master's project, hit up the gym, perfect my tan, and add new recipes to my recipe box. On Thursday I packed up my apartment in Williamsburg and started my two day trek to Shreveport, Louisiana. I took some pictures along the way (of course in a moving car, while driving) and I thought that I would start my blog off with some fun things I saw along the way! Enjoy :)

(The North Carolina State border welcome sign)


(I just passed a sign to Raleigh, Route 1, my old drive to NCSU! GO PACK!)


(Holden Rd, you know, like the Sandell's newest addition, HOLDEN READ!!!)


(The Carolina Panthers Stadium in Charlotte, NC)


(My pal Alden in front of her house in Charlotte... and by her house I mean the one her parents are selling and she is living in until they do!)


(My GARMIN informing me that I was 149 miles away from Atlanta and that i'd arrive at 12:44am, eck)


(Six Flags in Georgia... sad I couldn't stop)


(Alabama, what i saw while in your state was not so beautiful)



(I stopped once for gas, that's all i saw)


(The Mississippi River really excited me, I cant really explain why)


(Louisiana, finally!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe in Shreveport! Holden thanks you for his shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your travel blog. I still can't believe you drove that far. Go girl. Also liked the pizza entry.

    ReplyDelete