Friday, May 21, 2010

Moe Hall Recipe #2-Pizza

Making pizza on Friday night reminds me of good family memories. Every Friday night I would make homemade pizza for dinner with my mom. It was my job to make the dough so that it would have enough time to rise before my parents got home from work. It is a tradition I would like to continue with my own family one day. Tonight being Friday night, I decided to make pizza for dinner. I used the other half of the dough that I made yesterday for the taco salad.

Growing up I would just make pepperoni pizza because it is my favorite. Today's versions are a little different since Jason and I are going on vacation tomorrow and I wanted to use some of the items in the fridge as toppings so that they would not go to waste. I created two different pizzas, Hawaiian and Tex-Mex.

Hawaiian
1. Tomato pizza sauce
2. Canadian Bacon
3. Diced Pineapple
4. Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Tex-Mex (with toppings leftover from last night's meal)
1. Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles (drain the can)
2. Black beans
3. Ground turkey
4. Diced green peppers
5. Shredded Mozzarella cheese

I turned the oven on to 350 degrees (f). I then took the dough from the fridge and split it in half. Last night I realized that I left my rolling pin in Williamsburg in my storage unit and needed to find something to roll out the dough. Luckily I had a lovely plastic cup that seemed to do the job (though not as nicely as I'd like). I sprayed a little Pam on the baking sheets and put each rolled out piece of dough on it's own tray. I spread the tomato pizza sauce on one of the pizzas and used the rotel tomatoes and chiles on the other one. I put the toppings on each of the pizzas and topped them off with the mozzarella cheese. The Hawaiian pizza took 15 minutes to cook and the Tex-Mex pizza took about 20 minutes. You will know they are done because the bottom of the pizza is a golden color.



Quick, easy, and delicious!

1 comment: