Thursday, July 14, 2011

Healthy frozen treat

Recently JB decided to inform me that he does not like watermelon? I've packed it in his lunch and he hasn't said anything for a year but he promises that he always ate it. Unfortunately he decided to tell me this after I bought a lot at the grocery store! What to do? Make a drink out of it! Once again pinterest came to the rescue with a cool summer treat. I found a recipe for a watermelon frosty and made it the next day. I made it without the alcohol in case it was bad... Never waste good tequila or vodka!


Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon cubes
  • 1/2+ cup water
  • 2 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 lemon, squeezed (lime juice also works!)
  • 1 banana

Directions
Blend Pour. Garnish with frozen watermelon/rind slices. Serve! Enjoy.


My Edits: I may have added too much watermelon therefore I needed more liquid to make this yummy concoction blend. I added 1/4 cup of orange juice. Also, I added 1 lemon and 1/2 lime (perfect combo). Other than that, it was simply refreshing!

1 comment: