Saturday, July 2, 2011

I heart chicken wings

It isn't a trick title, I really do love chicken wings. Buffalo sauce may be my most favorite thing ever (and super healthy... i know). But you can't help what you love! Even though I have always loved eating wings I've actually never made them. In fact I've never prepared a chicken wing to be cooked and had to look up YouTube videos on how to break down a chicken wing. It turned out to be quite an adventure a little more work than I had anticipated. But, I saw Claire Robinson make them 5 Ingredient Fix the week before and I was determined to make them for myself. Broiled Hot Pepper Wings turned out to be as delicious as they looked on TV. I loved the sweetness and the heat while not being completely unhealthy.



Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling rack
  • 5 pounds chicken wings, split, wing tips cut off and discarded
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1 cup hot pepper jelly (recommended: Stonewall Kitchens)
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1/2 cup hot sauce (recommended: Frank's)

Directions

Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil, place a rack on top of the pan and oil the rack.

Toss the wings with the 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the wings on the rack in 1 layer. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat, turning over once, until barely cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.

In a small saucepan over moderate heat, whisk the hot pepper jelly, lime juice and hot sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup sauce on the cooked wings and broil 1 to 2 minutes. Brush the wings with 1/4 cup sauce again, and then turn the wings over and brush with another 1/4 cup sauce. Broil until crispy about, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with the remaining sauce before serving.


My edits: I actually have no edits for this recipe. It is pretty point on flavor wise and technique. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment