Monday, July 11, 2011

Yogurt Balsamic Dressing

I love a good steak but I rarely eat them. This week I was in the mood for steak but did not want to pay $10 per steak. I decided to get creative and buy one steak and make a hearty salad with it. I grilled the steak on my Le Creuset grill pan (my current obsession) and found a great dressing to compliment the flavors of the meat. I've never made a yogurt based salad dressing so I was ready to try something new! I found a low-fat yogurt balsamic salad dressing to go on my salad! Oh and did I forget to mention that I also made myself a cosmo? Perfect meal!


Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
  • 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt (may substitute regular nonfat yogurt but finished product will be a little different)
  • 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.

Directions
Mix well. Store in refrigerator.


My Edits: I did not have any Dijon mustard so I used 1/2 tablespoon of ground mustard and 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard. It worked out quite well. Other than me not having the right mustard, I would not make any changes by choice. It was very good!


1 comment: