Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday morning breakfast

I go through phases of loving/hating eggs. Sometimes they really gross me out and I can't eat them by themselves other times I crave an over easy egg and toast to soak up all the goodness. Recently I've been in a loving them stage and can't seem to get enough. I found an easy egg recipe on pinterest earlier this week and made it for the hubby this morning. The Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups recipe combines all of things I like to eat with my eggs; bacon and toast!


Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 8 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 6 large eggs
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.


My Edits: For the two of us I only used two pieces of bread, two pieces of bacon, and two eggs. If you do the full recipe it is enough for 6 servings! Also, next time I'll cook it for less time to get a runny egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment