Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thai Peanut Noodles

If I want a good steak or tasty tex-mex I can name several places in Shreveport to find either of those things. If I want any type of Asian dish I can't name a single place. Therefore I have to make my own dishes if I want to get my fix. Luckily, while searching the Internet a few weeks ago I came across a Thai Peanut Noodle recipe that looked easy to make. Easy it was and the layers of flavor were amazing! I know that this will now be a staple in my kitchen.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 1-2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce (1 is mild with a bite, 1.5 is medium, 2 is hot)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
  • 8 oz. Udon or linguine noodles
  • Chopped green onions
  • Chopped cilantro
  • 2 limes, cut into quarters
  • Chopped peanuts

Directions
Cook noodles in salted water. In the meantime, combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk until smooth and remove from heat. Toss cooked noodles with sauce and divide among 4 bowls. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, chopped peanuts, and garnish each serving with 2 lime quarters. Before eating, squeeze lime juice over noodles and stir to combine.


My Edits: I could not find udon noodles so I used linguine noodles instead. Also, I wanted to add a protein so I sauteed shrimp in a separate pan before adding it to the noodles. I could eat this dish again with or without shrimp; it was amazing.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delish! A suggestion for future adaptations-- some grocery stores carry Thai noodles or different kinds of rice noodles in the Asian section that might be a tasty substitution (I've made Pad Thai from scratch using noodles from the Asian section)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip! I'll try those next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dish is fantastic. The noodles are spicy and pack quite a punch. I would pair this dish with a white wine and suggest a fruit dish for dessert to complete this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete